Skip to main content

40 acts: day 13


day 13 : needs must


the message of the day from the devotional...

  • opportunities to act generously are more available than we think 
  • taking responsibility for someone else's mundane problems is generosity that makes a difference 
  • doing small, good deeds without ceremony and without thanks is a kind thing to do and it feels good too
  • if you think about, thinking about others more than you think about yourself is beautiful, and this reflects the radical generosity of God our creator

my act of generosity today...
was washing up the cups after our student fellowship! i wasn't sure where to carry out my act of generosity today as my flat isn't even particularly messy, but at the end of our student group q + a session tonight, my friend gave me *the look* that reminded me to go and wash the cups. unfortunately, another 2 lads also had the same idea as us and rushed to try to beat us to washing the cups. but, this reminded me of the joy of serving others - it isn't all doom and gloom doing chores!


today i am thankful for...
the strength i have had to work! i've spent 80% of my evenings (from 9pm to sometimes 5ish am) in the past 2 weeks in the library - good thing we have a stunning library!! i know it's not the healthiest of lifestyles but deadlines are REAL and a struggle :( and i am definitely more a night owl than an early bird so awkward sleeping times it is... :)

stay blessed,
haynam xxx