Skip to main content

40 acts: day 12


day 12 : prayer circle

the message of the day from the devotional...

  • there are always opportunities to be generous. if there aren't, you just aren't looking hard enough
  • behind every door there is someone who would benefit from prayer
  • seek the opportunities to plant seeds of prayer
  • as Christ's ambassadors, we are not confined to only spreading His word within the walls of our usual meeting places, but everywhere we go

my act of generosity today...

was going on a prayer walk! i'd done a prayer walk for the first time in August 2018 when I went on my first short term mission to romania, as the first ever youth short term mission team sent out from my church. tonight's one (i was going to do it in the day with another friend but we kept forgetting to haha) was a walk around my university campus and the residential areas where the bulk of students live.

selly hasn't had the best reputation in the past few months (this is one of my personal encounters with crime in the area from back in november 2018), so one of my key prayers is for the safety of students as this is where the majority of the student body at my uni live, and for the locals. on top of this, i pray for the general warmth of God's love to fill this place and people's hearts.

prayer walks are so much more fun and less awkward than i anticipate. if anything, i think the most awkward part is asking your partner to pray for you. the actual praying itself is so much fun and for me, really puts the conversation element into the prayer - as you are walking and seemingly having a conversation as you're praying with your eyes open, of course! there's also just something so comforting about praying in the dark as, for me at least, i no longer felt so along (despite my friend being with me)!


today i am thankful for...
friends who know how to cook (especially when they're guys and it isn't all about that 'women do the cooking' mustang ;) )! the last time i did my grocery shop was around a month ago now just because i haven't been eating enough, as well as not being bothered to actually doing the cooking... and washing... and the grocery shopping... which means carrying heavy bags and using money! there people were the reason i had a proper meal today and praise God we actually had a meal to eat together because we're all such picky eaters individually so it's a pain to present a meal we can all enjoy!
also, last night i woke up from a disgusting cramp in my calf and if that isn't a sign to start eating and feeding my body better, i'm not entirely sure what is.

look after yourself guys, all the love,
haynam xo